It is important in our society today that the children are aware of the importance of what is acceptable when using the internet. Our acceptable use policy is summarised as:
Acceptable Internet Use by Pupils
I understand that I am being given access to the Internet at School to improve my learning.
I understand that all the normal School rules apply when I am working on the Internet.
I also understand that the following is not acceptable:
- Sending or displaying offensive messages or pictures
- Using obscene language
- Harassing, insulting or attacking others
- Damaging computers, computer systems or computer networks
- Violating copyright laws
- Using others’ passwords
- Trespassing in others’ folders, work or files
- Intentionally wasting limited resources
I understand that if I misuse the Internet I am breaking the School rules and that this privilege will be withdrawn from me, and that I may also leave myself open for disciplinary and possibly legal charges.
As such we require both children and parents to sign our Internet permissions and acceptable use policies.
For further details of our Computing curriculum follow the curriculum links down the side.