Here you will find;
details of the structure and responsibilities of our governing body and its committees
and information about each governor’s:
1. business/financial interests 2. attendance 3.voting rights
Our governing body consists of the following members:
|Chair of Governors:||Mr. D. Simpson||01/03/14|
|Vice-Chair:||Mr. S. Thiele||01/09/16|
|Headteacher||Mr. P. Heaton||ex-officio|
|Foundation Governors:||Fr. James Manock||01/09/16|
|Mrs. I. Turner||01/09/16|
|Mrs. V. Boardman||01/03/14|
|Teacher Governor:||Mrs. R. Gerrard||07/01/16|
|Parent Governors:||Mrs. M. Collier||07/06/14|
|Mr R. Cathcart||01/12/12|
|Associate Governor:||Mrs R. Eckersley||04/11/15|
|LEA Governor:||Councillor A. Cummings||01/09/15|
What are Governors?
Governors are like a Board of Directors and make decisions about how the school is run. They meet at school at least once a term.
Governors are appointed to help:
- decide what is taught.
- set standards of behaviour.
- interview and select staff.
- decide how the school budget is spent.
School Governors have legal duties, powers and responsibilities. They can only act together, they cannot act individually. They submit a report to parents each year.
School Governors are:
- teachers and non-teaching staff at school.
- local council representatives.
- Foundation Governors (Community Representatives).