Have a look at these courses being offered by Bury Adult Learning Service.
Keeping up with the Kids: Getting to Grips with Primary Literacy
On this course, you will learn how to support your children with their Literacy work and more confidently tackle homework activities.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify and apply some of the decoding strategies that children use to read.
- Recognise some of the language associated with Primary Literacy.
- Blend and segment phonemes accurately.
- Identify a digraph, a trigraph and a split digraph.
Healthy Eating on a Budget for Busy Parents - Taster session and then a four week course.
On this course, you will learn how to use Microsoft Teams or Zoom to support your children's learning. Taster session followed by 4 more sessions.
- Use Microsoft Teams/Zoom more confidently.
- Recognise appropriate online etiquette.
- Identify ways to keep children safe online.
- Learn basic device care
Download the files for further information.
Before you enrol, advice and information is available to help you decide on the right course for you. Contact Learner Services on 0161 253 7501 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.