Covid 19 Update
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
All children in reception, year 1 and year 2 get a free meal at lunchtime, under the government's Infant Free School Meals scheme. These are provided at all Bury Council maintained schools, academies, free schools, and pupil referral units. You do not have to apply for these. But if your child is in a key stage 1 year group and you get one of the qualifying incomes shown below it will help the school if you make a claim for free school meals, as they can get extra funding.
From year 3 onwards free school meals are only available if you get one of the following:
- Universal Credit - and your earned income is less than £7,400 a year, after tax and not including any benefits
- Income Support
- income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- income-related Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, providing you are do not get Working Tax Credit, and your annual gross income is less than £16,190
- guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
If you get Working Tax Credits you will not be eligible unless you are receiving the four week 'run on' payment after stopping work.
To apply please follow this link https://www.bury.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=10697