Mental Health Courses For Parents
‘Understanding your child’ is the core parenting course for parents with children aged 6 months to 19 years. It is also available in a version for parents with children with additional needs. ‘Understanding your child’s mental health’ is a slightly different format based around the core course.
Features and Benefits
- The course can be done at a time and place to suit family life
- It is 11 Modules long and each Module takes ~20 minutes, with voiceovers for the main text
- There are interactive activities, quizzes and video clips
- It works on mobiles, tablets, PCs and laptops (Recommended browser: Google Chrome)
- Available as professional translations in Urdu, Modern Standard Arabic, Simplified Chinese, Polish, Somali, Bulgarian and more
- Costs just £39 for lifetime access
Our school child protection and safeguarding providers, Educare, also give access to short courses for parents/ carers and some courses suitable for children aged 11 years and up.
Topics include: Mental well being; Low mood and depression; Dealing with bereavement and loss; Understanding anxiety, Self-harm and more.
Parents and carers
Children and young people
(generally aged 11 and up so please check first)
Please use the uploaded resources and links on this page to support you and your child. Please contact Mrs Gerrard if you need any further support and/ or you are worried about your child.
Government Coronavirus support for parents
Please have a look at these two documents from the government giving guidance for parents to support their children during the outbreak.
Easy read 'looking after your feelings and body'
The Young Minds website is an amazing resource. Please go to the website for support, or click on one of the topics below.
Parents Helpline 0808 802 5544